Cammini Francigeni di Sicilia
A CASA DI AMICI Hostel was chosen by the “Friends Francigeni of Sicily” as a partner of Palermo for the reception of pilgrims, tourists looking for excitement, trekkers who follow an organised path, amateur ethnologists, collectors of ancient stones and fans of Romanesque churches.
The research team from 2010 to the present are working on a special project to map and organize a fantastic trail circuit in five interesting places:
– Magna Via Francigena; The trail from Palermo to Agrigento.
– Palermo-Messina to the Mountains; The trail from Palermo to Messina along the Madonie and Nebrodi.
– Via Francigena Mazarense; The trail from Palermo to Mazara del Vallo.
– Via Selinunte; The ancient Roman road that leads from Mazara in Syracuse.
– Via Francigena Fabaria; The road from Gela in Maniace.
A system of more than 1,000 km of roads that allow you to walk in areas often far from big tourism but rich in tradition, culture, good food and great smiles.
Some necessities to bring along:
Sleeping bag & mat, walking stick, light backpack and personal essentials, comfortable shoes and raincoat, your credential to place the stamps you receive on the trail, and a light heart.
You can join with Davide for the Palermo-Messina to the Mountains on July 8th 2015
The innauguration of Walk Francigeni of Sicily is planned for summer 2016, but if you feel like adventuring contact David who can help organize an amazing journey.
To stay with us at A CASA DI AMICI – Hostel or Bed & Breakfast, please use coupon code:
Francigena of Sicily
For curiosity and contacts:
Davide Comunale 0039+392 4531430 email@example.com
Facebook:Cammini Francigeni of Sicily